Request a Certificate of Professional Conduct
Please read the Q&As and instructions below before requesting your request for a Certificate of Professional Conduct.
What is a Certificate of Professional Conduct (COPC)?
A Certificate of Professional Conduct is a professional record that verifies a current or former registrant’s standing with CPSM.
Why do I need a COPC?
A COPC may be required in Manitoba when beginning or returning to practice within a Regional Health Authority.
Other jurisdictions may require a COPC as part of their registration process.
Who Can Request a COPC?
Current or past CPSM registrants can request a COPC anytime.
What does a COPC include?
The CPSM Registrar must issue a certificate of conduct upon the request of a CPSM registrant or former registrant. It must include all information about the registrant recorded and a description of every matter outstanding before the complaints committee, investigation committee, or inquiry committee.
This information includes:
- Personal identifiers (name, practice location, date of birth)
- Qualifications and credentials
- Registration and Certificate of Practice information
- Disciplinary actions (except dismissals after a hearing)
- Information of non-disciplinary nature (conditions, Undertakings, etc.)
- Findings of guilt, criminal or otherwise
- Professional litigation history
- Any other information the Registrar deems relevant
See the complete list of COPC requirements here (Schedule B of the CPSM Practice Direction -Qualifications and Registration).
How long will it take to receive my COPC?
Please allow up to 10 working days for a Certificate of Professional Conduct to be sent to the organization(s).
CPSM has added an opportunity for you to review the COPC before being sent to the organization(s). To avoid delays, you will be allotted a 24-hour period to review and approve the document before it is auto-approved and sent to the organization(s).
Certificate of Practice Fees
|$100 + GST
|$5 + GST/per mail out required
How to Request a COPC:
- Click on the Request a COPC button at the top of this page. It will direct you to the CPSM Portal. Please have your login username and password ready. If this is your first time using the CPSM Portal, or you have forgotten your username, you will be prompted to fill out your information to create or find your account. If you have forgotten your password, you may reset this on the Login page as well
- Complete the COPC request.
- Pay the fee.
- You will be notified by email when your COPC is ready to review. Once your COPC is complete, you will have 24 hours to review it. After 24 hours, if we do not hear from you, it will be auto approved and sent to the organization(s).
- You will receive another email to confirm your COPC has been sent to the organization(s) and will be available for you to download in the CPSM Portal.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.