Physicians who qualify for full, unrestricted licensure for independent practice and are in good standing with another Canadian Medical Regulatory Authority, can use this pathway to registration.
To be eligible for Fast-Track Registration, you must have the following:
- A Medical Degree from a nationally approved faculty of medicine or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree;
- For family physicians: Licenciate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) and Certification in the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP); or
- For specialists: LMCC and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) certification by examination;
- Are in active practice in a Canadian jurisdiction, and
- Have met the applicable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Additionally, you must:
- Be in good standing with any/all medical regulatory authorities you are currently registered.
- Must be authorized to practice medicine in a Canadian jurisdiction within the scope of their professional practice independently and without restriction.
- Have a Certificate of Professional Conduct (COPC)from the medical regulatory authority in the jurisdiction where the applicant is applying from. Your COPC must be clear of significant concerns, such as:
o terms and conditions on the ability to engage in practice, including any arising from pending or concluded complaints or investigations;
o voluntary surrenders or withdrawal from practice in relation to a regulatory complaint or investigation;
o disciplinary actions, pending or concluded with findings against the applicant;
o terms, conditions or an undertaking or agreement arising from physician health monitoring, or
o criminal convictions.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are not required to complete the application for medical registration (AMR) through physiciansapply.ca.
|Documentation Fee||$210 (non-refundable)|
Certificate of Practice Fee
or $325 per month
|Specialist Registration Fee (if applicable)||$200|
How to Apply:
- Complete the application form. Click here or on the button below to access the application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted by CPSM’s registration department. At that time, you will also be asked to submit the following:
- a Criminal Record Check from the jurisdiction you are currently registered in;
- a Certificate of Professional Conduct (COPC) from the medical regulatory authority in the jurisdiction you are applying from;
- An office practice address, including office phone and email;
- Identity documents.
Note: If your application does not meet the requirements for Fast-Track Registration, you will be required to apply for registration through the Application for Medical Registration.